Millions of contact lens wearers are frustrated with itchy eyes due to allergies.2 Often they rely on allergy eye drops to manage their symptoms.2
ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen is the first and only medication-releasing contact lens for vision correction and itchy eye relief, in one simple step.1
‡Commercially available medication-releasing contact lens
Managing Itchy Allergy Eyes
Studies have shown that 1/3 of the contact lens wearers experience itchy eyes.2 80% of them are frustrated that allergies interfere with their normal wear.2
Allergy eye drops are the most common way to manage itchy allergy eyes.2 However, 73% of these patients find prescription allergy eye drops frustrating.3
This may lead to non-compliance and dissatisfaction with their contact lenses.4 But what if we could deliver safe and effective allergy medication without needing allergy eye drops?
Experience a new generation of care for patients who need vision correction and suffering from eye itch due to allergies.
ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen is the first and only medication-releasing contact lens for patients who need vision correction and itchy eye relief, in one simple step.1
How does it work?
ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen lenses are effective with its unique delivery mechanism, which provides precise and consistent release of a well-established antihistamine.5
The unique seamless ionic attraction between negatively charged etafilcon A and positively charged Ketotifen allows for efficient uptake of medication into the contact lens material, and optimized diffusion to the ocular surface.5
- Built on a trusted contact lens material6
- Triple action antihistamine with proven efficacy and safety
- Blocks histamine receptors1
- Stabilizes mast cells1
- Inhibits inflammatory cell accumulation within the eye1
Frequently Asked Questions
How often can patients use ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen?
Use one contact lens per eye, once per day. Keep the contact lenses in their original box to keep away from light exposure. Reusing the same contact lens is not recommended.
How does ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen work?
ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen combines the trusted etafilcon A lens material with built-in antihistamine, Ketotifen.1,7 The lenses are designed to release approximately 50% of medication over the initial 15 minutes and 99% over the next 5 hours.1,8
How fast does ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen work and how long does it last?
ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen provides fast-acting, long-lasting itchy eye relief that last up to 12 hours, and clear vision that lasts all day.5
†Helps protect against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea & into the eye.
^WARNING: UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed. NOTE: Long-term exposure to UV radiation is one of the risk factors associated with cataracts. Exposure is based on a number of factors such as environmental conditions (altitude, geography, cloud cover) and personal factors (extent and nature of outdoor activities). UV-blocking contact lenses help provide protection against harmful UV radiation. However, clinical studies have not been done to demonstrate that wearing UV-blocking contact lenses reduces the risk of developing cataracts or other eye disorders.
1. JJV Data on File 2019. Mechanism of Action, Formulation, and Comfort of ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen.
2. JJV Data on File 2015. US and Japan Apollo Concept Study with Eye Care Professionals in the US and Ophthalmologists in Japan.
3. JJV Data on File 2018. US and Japan Allergy Mobile Ethnography Study.
4. JJV Data on File 2019. Online consumer allergy landscape survey of patients self-identifying as eye allergy sufferers within the USA (n=801) and Japan (n=805).
5. Pall B, Gomes P, Yi F, et al. Management of Ocular Allergy Itch with an Antihistamine-Releasing Contact Lens. Cornea. 2019;38(6): 713-717. (https://doi.org/10.1097/ICO.0000000000001911).
6. JJV Data on File 2019 Substantiation for Global ACUVUE® Claims.
7. JJV Data on File 2021 Safety & Efficacy of ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen (Phase III Studies) for Canada.
8. JJV Data on File 2019. Lenses analyzed ex vivo for remaining Ketotifen in the lens between 0 and 5 hours of lens wear (n=26).
Important Safety Information
ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen contact lenses are available by prescription only for patients who require vision correction and experience ocular allergic itch due to allergic conjunctivitis. As with any contact lens, eye problems, including corneal ulcers, can develop. Some wearers may experience mild irritation, itching or discomfort. Lenses should not be prescribed if patients have any eye infection, or experience eye discomfort, excessive tearing, vision changes, redness, narrow angle glaucoma or other eye problems. Consult the package insert for complete information. Complete information is also available from Johnson & Johnson Vision Care division of Johnson & Johnson Inc., or by calling 1-800-267-5098, or by visiting www.jnjvisionpro.ca.
©Johnson & Johnson Vision Care division of Johnson & Johnson Inc. 2022 PP2021AVT4015 v2.0