ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology
ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology
ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology is The Lens Your Eyes Would Choose™, making it the premier choice for patients seeking a high performance daily disposable contact lens. Providing exceptional vision and performance, ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day is designed to integrate with the eyes’ natural tear film, providing all-day comfort that’s gentle on the eye.1
- Proprietary wetting agent made of mucin-like molecules that mimic natural tears1 for superior, all-day comfortβ
- Improves contrast sensitivity up to 30%2*,^ for sharper, brighter, clearer vision2,3**
- Provides Class 1 UV blocking^^,†,‡ – blocks >90% of UVA and >99% of UVB rays
- The Lens Your Eyes Would Choose™
- Exceptional vision and performance
- Superior, all day comfortβ
- Gentle on the eye1
- Sharper, brighter, clearer vision2,3**
- Highest level of UV protection available in a daily disposable lens†,‡
- Also available for Astigmatism
8.5 mm base curve/14.3 mm diameter
9.0 mm base curve/14.3 mm diameter
–0.50D to –6.00D (0.25D steps)
–6.50D to –12.00D (0.50D steps)
+0.50D to +6.00D (0.25D steps)
+6.50D to +8.00D (0.50D steps)
|Lens Material||Senofilcon A|
|Dk/t4 (edge-corrected)||121 X 10-9|
|UV blocker†,‡||Class 1^^|
|Centre thickness at -3.00D (mm)||0.085 (varies by power)|
|Package size||30 or 90 lenses|
- Sharper, brighter, clearer vision2,3** vs. ACUVUE® OASYS 2-WEEK
- Improves contrast sensitivity up to 30%2*,^ vs. ACUVUE® OASYS 2-WEEK
- Preferred over Dailies Total1® by nearly 2 to 1 for overall comfort, among those with a preference.5¥
- In a patient study, among those with a preference, more patients preferred ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day overall than Dailies Total1®.5¥
- Preferred over Dailies Total1® by nearly 5 to 1 for ease of removal, among those with a preference.5¥
- Class 1 UV blocking^^,†,‡
β JJV Data on File JJVCI 2016. Statistical superiority on Comfort composite scores achieved using the Contact Lens User Experience™ (CLUE) questionnaire, a validated patient-reported outcomes (PRO) tool. In a randomized, single (patient) masked, crossover clinical study (2016, n=276) patients were randomly assigned ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology or Dailies Total1® the first week and switched to wearing the other lens the second week. Lenses were worn as daily disposable on both eyes.
*30% is on average at 18cpd.
^ JJV Data on File 2016: Three-visit non-dispensing study conducted in the US n=35 visual acuity and contrast sensitivity results of current contact lens wearers testing ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day Brand with HydraLuxe® Technology compared to ACUVUE® OASYS Brand Contact Lenses with HYDRACLEAR® PLUS Technology 2-Week reusable contact lenses.
**Improved optical performance compared to ACUVUE® OASYS Brand Contact Lenses with HYDRACLEAR® Plus Technology.
^^ Class 1: Must transmit less than 10% (<10%) of UVA and 1% (<1%) of UVB. UV-blocking percentages are based on an average across the wavelength spectrum.
¥ Among those with a preference.
† Helps protect against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye.
‡ WARNING: UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV- absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed. NOTE: Long-term exposure to UV radiation is one of the risk factors associated with cataracts. Exposure is based on a number of factors such as environmental conditions (altitude geography cloud cover) and personal factors (extent and nature of outdoor activities). UV- blocking contact lenses help provide protection against harmful UV radiation. However clinical studies have not been done to demonstrate that wearing UV-blocking contact lenses reduces the risk of developing cataracts or other eye disorders.
1. JJV Data on File 2019: Similarities between Mucin and Poly(N-Vinyl Pyrrolidone) (PVP).
2. Cheng X Moody K Xu J Lenses L Hofmann G Maggio T Johnson B. Visual Performance of Silicone Hydrogel Daily Disposable Contact Lenses. BCLA 2017 poster.
3. JJV Data on File 2017. Optical Precision of ACUVUE® Brand 1-Day Contact Lenses with HydraLuxe® Technology.
4. Oxygen transmissibility at centre - 3.00D lens using boundary-corrected, edge-corrected Dk values. Units: (cm/sec)(ml O2/ml x mm Hg) at 35° C.
5. JJV Data on file 2015; 1-week dispensing evaluation DW study n=119 soft CL wearers in the U.S.
Important Safety Information
ACUVUE® Contact Lenses are indicated for vision correction. As with any contact lens, eye problems, including corneal ulcers, can develop. Some wearers may experience mild irritation, itching or discomfort. Lenses should not be prescribed if patients have any eye infection, or experience eye discomfort, excessive tearing, vision changes, redness or other eye problems. Consult the package insert for complete information. Complete information is also available from Johnson & Johnson Vision Care division of Johnson & Johnson Inc., by calling 1-800-267-5098 or by visiting jnjvisionpro.ca.
ACUVUE®, ACUVUE® OASYS, HydraLuxe®, BLINK-STABILIZED® and The Lens Your Eyes Would Choose™ are trademarks of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care division of Johnson & Johnson Inc.
©Johnson & Johnson Vision Care division of Johnson & Johnson Inc. 2019
GCC19202 July 2019