ACUVUE® RevitaLens Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution
ACUVUE® RevitaLens Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution
ACUVUE® RevitaLens Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS)
The right contact lens solution can make a difference in your patients’ lens wear experience.
ACUVUE® RevitaLens MPDS disinfects like a peroxide with the simplicity and comfort of a multi-purpose solution.1-4 With ACUVUE® RevitaLens MPDS, you can be assured that your patients will experience exceptional disinfection and all-day comfort.1-5
ACUVUE® RevitaLens MPDS delivers:
- Broad-spectrum disinfection against FDA/ISO standard-panel microorganisms, comparable to peroxide systems1,2,6
- Greater than 99.9% kill-rate against both forms of Acanthamoeba (in vitro) 2,6
- Provides all-day comfort7,8,9
- Great match with leading contact lenses, including ACUVUE® Contact Lenses10
Recommend ACUVUE® RevitaLens MPDS to all your reusable contact lens wearers with confidence—especially to those who use the ACUVUE® Brand.10
ACUVUE® RevitaLens MPDS killed the Acanthamoeba trophozites—delivering peroxide-quality disinfection (in vitro)*2,6
6 hours live-cell Imaging of Acanthamoeba castellanii trophozoites2,6
*In an in vitro study between competitive brands and ACUVUE® RevitaLens MPDS, a time-lapse study was developed to accurately document the time course for eradication of Acanthamoeba castellanii trophozoites. The novel live-cell imaging methodology visually demonstrates the efficacy of each of the contact lens solutions in eradicating Acanthamoeba castellanii trophozoites. There is no standardized method for testing the efficacy of lens care solutions against Acanthamoeba.
Protection for Your Patients
Provides sustained lens disinfection in the lens case - even after partial evaporation.*3 Delivers exceptional disinfection against harmful germs and bacteria, but is gentle on the eye.11,12
Comfort for Your Patients
ACUVUE® RevitaLens MPDS delivers the all-day comfort your patients need.7,8,9
- 90% of patients agree that ACUVUE® RevitaLens MPDS was effective in keeping their contact lenses feeling comfortable13
- Nearly 94% of patients found ACUVUE® RevitaLens MPDS effective in keeping their contact lenses feeling clean13
A tried and tested combination you and your patients can rely on14
ACUVUE® RevitaLens MPDS is a sterile, buffered aqueous solution with alexidine dihydrochloride 0.00016% and polyquaternium-1 0.0003% as preservatives/disinfectants, boric acid, sodium borate, TETRONIC 904, edetate disodium, sodium chloride and purified water.
Important Safety Information
ACUVUE® RevitaLens Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution is indicated for the care of soft (hydrophilic) contact lenses, including silicone hydrogel lenses. Use this product, as recommended by your eye care professional, to disinfect, clean, rinse, store, remove protein and condition your contact lenses. If you are allergic to any ingredient in ACUVUE® RevitaLens MPDS, do not use this product. Problems with contact lenses and lens care products could result in corneal infection and/or ulcers and lead to loss of vision. It is essential that you follow your eye care professional’s directions and all labeling instructions for proper use of lenses and lens care products, including the contact lens case.
How to Order
* 6 multi-purpose solutions tested in study. Results present for solutions that are still commercially available.
1. Heaselgrave W, Kilvington S, Lonnen J. Efficacy of contact lens care solutions against clinical microorganisms [Abstract 56]. In: Abstracts of the 2011 BCLA Annual Clinical Conference. Manchester, UK, 2011,34(1):S30.
2. Nikolic M, Kilvington S, Brady N, et al. Comparative efficacy of new contact lens care solutions against bacteria, fungi and Acanthamoeba [abstract 59]. In: Abstracts of the 2011 BCLA Annual Clinical Conference. Manchester, UK., 2011,34(1):S31.
3. Kilvington S, Powell CH, Lam A, et al. Antimicrobial efficacy of multi-purpose contact lens disinfectant solutions following evaporation. Contact Lens Anterior Eye. 2011;34(4):183-187.
4. Kolar SSN, Manarang JC, Burns AR, Miller WL, McDermott AM, Bergmanson JPG. Contact lens care solution killing efficacy against Acanthamoeba castellanii by in vitro testing and live-imaging. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2015;38(8):442-450.
5. Data on file. Additional analysis of COBR-105-9608 clinical study data: lens comfort in subjects reporting average daily lens wear of 16+ hours. Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. Santa Ana, CA.
6. Kilvington S, Huang L, Kao E, et al. Development of a new contact lens multipurpose solution: Comparative analysis of microbiological, biological and clinical performance. J Optom 2010;3(3):134-142.
7. Berntsen DA, Hickson-Curran SB, Jones LW, et al. Subjective Comfort and Physiology with Modern Contact Lens Care Products. Optom Vis Sci. 2016,93(8):809-819.
8. JJV Data on File 2017. Multi-center 1-month dispensing daily wear study with senofilcon C toric contact lenses with RevitaLens OcuTec MPDS, worn for 30 days, n=130 habitual soft toric contact lens wearers in US.
9. JJV Data on File 2016. Multi-center 1-month dispensing daily wear study with comfilcon A toric using RevitaLens OcuTec MPDS. n=95 habitual soft toric contact lens wearers in the US.
10. JJV Data on File 2018. ACUVUE® RevitaLens Multipurpose Disinfecting Solution Packaging Claims.
11. Tarantino N, Kao E, Huang L, et al. A clinical safety and acceptability evaluation of a novel multi-purpose disinfecting solution [abstract 60]. In: Abstracts of the 34th BCLA Annual Clinical Conference, Birmingham, 2010. Contact Lens Anterior Eye. 2010;33(6):256-300. doi: 10.1016/j.clae.2010.07.002.
12. Tilia D, Lazon de la Jara P, Weng R, et al. Clinical evaluation of a new contact lens solution when used in conjunction with two silicone hydrogel lenses during short term wear [abstract 31]. In: Abstracts of the 34th BCLA Annual Clinical Conference, Birmingham, 2010.Contact Lens Anterior Eye. 2010;33(6):256-300. doi: 10.1016/j.clae.2010.07.002.
13. Owen JP. Global RevitaLens Experience and Acceptance Trial (GREAT Trial) [abstract 4720]. In: Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2012;53(14):13-6954.
14. JJV Data on File 2018. Blink RevitaLens® MPDS Compatibility & Clinical Performance with Reusable ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses.