*Source: Euromonitor International Limited; based on research conducted in August 2018; "world" and "globally" represent markets accounting for 80.8% of total daily disposable contact lenses in 2017 (retail sales). Claim effective starting September 24, 2018.
‡ In 13 clinical studies posted on www.clinicaltrials.gov. 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Brand Contact Lenses has never been beaten in comfort in its tier/category. www.clinicaltrials.gov is a website maintained by the NIH. The 13 clinical studies evaluated subjective comfort as a primary or secondary endpoint for 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Brand contact lenses with LACREON® technology. Category is defined as premium and non-premium based on manufacturer’s market positioning and pricing. Review conducted as of Feb 12, 2019
§This observational/surveillance registry relied on patient reports of symptomatic adverse events that led them to seek clinical care. These results should be considered in conjunction with other clinical results on the safety and efficacy of daily disposable etafilcon A contact lenses, which also generally show low rates of such events. Although no symptomatic infiltrative events were reported in this study, such events can occur with daily disposable lenses including 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST as noted in the product labeling.
¶Helps protect against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye.
#WARNING: UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV- absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed. NOTE: Long-term exposure to UV radiation is one of the risk factors associated with cataracts. Exposure is based on a number of factors such as environmental conditions (altitude geography cloud cover) and personal factors (extent and nature of outdoor activities). UV-blocking contact lenses help provide protection against harmful UV radiation. However clinical studies have not been done to demonstrate that wearing UV-blocking contact lenses reduces the risk of developing cataracts or other eye disorders.
**The release profile for PVP in 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST over 23 hours demonstrated no detectable amount of PVP released throughout the 23-hour period.
‡‡Based on in vitro data; clinical studies have not been done directly linking differences in lysozyme profile with specific clinical benefits.
1. JJV Data on File 2018. Data Substantiation for #1 Selling Daily Disposable Contact Lens Brand in the World
2. JJV Data on File 2018. ACUVUE® Brand – EYE‑INSPIRED™ Innovations.
3. JJV Data on File 2016. 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST claims from the TEMPO observational registry.
4. JJV Data on File 2019. Unbeaten comfort of ACUVUE® MOIST Brand Contact Lenses.
5. Chalmers RL, Hickson-Curran SB, Keay L, Gleason WJ, Albright R. Rates of adverse events with hydrogel and silicone hydrogel daily disposable lenses in a large post-market surveillance registry: the TEMPO registry. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56(1):654-663.
6. Oxygen transmissibility at centre -3.00D lens using boundary-corrected, edge-corrected Dk values. Units: (cm/sec)(ml x mm Hg) at 35°C.
7. Sheardown H, Liu L, Jones L. Chemical characterization of 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST and 1-DAY ACUVUE® Contact Lenses Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2006;47(13):E-abstract 2388.
8. Heynen M, Omali NB, Fadli Z, Coles-Brennan C, Subbaraman LN, Jones L. Selectivity and localization of lysozyme uptake in contemporary hydrogel contact lens materials. J Biomater Sci Polym Ed. 2017;28(13):1351-1364.
9. JJV Data on File May 2019. Proportion astigmats accommodated with ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM.
Important Safety Information
ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses are indicated for vision correction. As with any contact lens, eye problems, including corneal ulcers, can develop. Some wearers may experience mild irritation, itching or discomfort. Lenses should not be prescribed if patients have any eye infection, or experience eye discomfort, excessive tearing, vision changes, redness or other eye problems. Consult the package insert for complete information.
Complete information is also available from Johnson & Johnson Vision Care division of Johnson & Johnson Inc., by calling 1-800-267-5098 or by visiting jnjvisionpro.ca.
ACUVUE®, ACUVUE® OASYS, 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST, EYE-INSPIRED™ and LACREON® are trademarks of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care division of Johnson & Johnson Inc.
©Johnson & Johnson Vision Care division of Johnson & Johnson Inc. 2019
GCC19189 May 2019