Many of your current and prospective patients are suffering from itchy eyes as a result of seasonal or perennial allergies.
1/3 of contact lens wearers experience itchy eyes.2 80% of them are frustrated that allergies interfere with their normal wear.2 Often they rely on allergy eye drops to manage their symptoms.2
However, 73% of these patients find prescription allergy eye drops frustrating.3 This may lead to non-compliance and dissatisfaction with their contact lenses.2
Experience a new generation of care for patients who need vision correction and suffering from eye itch due to allergies.4
ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen is the first and only medication-releasing contact lens for patients who need vision correction and itchy eye relief, in one simple step.1
- It has built-in allergy medication that starts to relieve itchy eyes in minutes4
- Providing fast-acting and long-lasting relief, for up to 12 hours5
- Simple one-step contact lens can help improve patients’ compliance
- Strengthen your patients’ relationship by offering a unique solution
ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen 2022 launch announcement letter
Discover the first and only daily disposable contact lens that will help contact lens wearers get crisp clear vision and relief from itchy eyes.
- ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen, the first and only contact lens with vision correction and itchy eye relief, in one simple step1
- Provides fast-acting and long-lasting relief for up to 12 hours5
- Medication is released over time (up to 5 hours) with precise and consistent dosing
- Discover itchy eye relief with just one lens per eye, once a day1
- Preservative free form1
Enjoy clear vision and relief from itchy eyes caused by allergies in one simple step.1
8.5 mm base curve/14.2 mm diameter
–0.50D to –6.00D (0.25D steps)
–6.50D to –12.00D (0.50D steps)
|Lens material||etafilcon A|
|Technology||Theravision® with Ketotifen|
|Base curve||8.5 mm|
|UV Blocker†^||Average 88% UVA, Average 99% UVB, Class 2|
|Power||-0.50 D to -12.00 D|
|Centre thickness||0.084 mm|
|Visibility features||Visibility tint '123' inversion indicator|
|Optimized packaging solution||Preservative-free, pH neutral buffered solution|
|Active ingredient||Ketotifen 0.019 mg per lens|
|Package size||30 Lenses|
ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen combines etafilcon A and an antihistamine, Ketotifen.1
- Built on a trusted contact lens material6
- Triple action antihistamine with proven efficacy and safety1
- Blocks histamine receptors1
- Stabilizes mast cells1
- Inhibits inflammatory cell accumulation within the eye1
‡Commercially available medication-releasing contact lens.
†Helps protect against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea & into the eye.
^WARNING: UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed. NOTE: Long-term exposure to UV radiation is one of the risk factors associated with cataracts. Exposure is based on a number of factors such as environmental conditions (altitude, geography, cloud cover) and personal factors (extent and nature of outdoor activities). UV-blocking contact lenses help provide protection against harmful UV radiation. However, clinical studies have not been done to demonstrate that wearing UV-blocking contact lenses reduces the risk of developing cataracts or other eye disorders.
1. JJV Data on File 2019. Mechanism of Action, Formulation, and Comfort of ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen.
2. JJV Data on File 2015. US and Japan Apollo Concept Study with Eye Care Professionals in the US and Ophthalmologists in Japan.
3. JJV Data on File 2018. US and Japan Allergy Mobile Ethnography Study.
4. Pall B, Gomes P, Yi F, et al. Management of Ocular Allergy Itch with an Antihistamine-Releasing Contact Lens. Cornea. 2019;38(6): 713-717. (https://doi.org/10.1097/ICO.0000000000001911)
5. JJV Data on File 2021 Safety & Efficacy of ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen (Phase III Studies) for Canada.
6.JJV Data on File 2019 Substantiation for Global ACUVUE® Claims.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
ACUVUE® Theravision® with Ketotifen contact lenses are available by prescription only for patients who require vision correction and experience ocular allergic itch due to allergic conjunctivitis. As with any contact lens, eye problems, including corneal ulcers, can develop. Some wearers may experience mild irritation, itching or discomfort. Lenses should not be prescribed if patients have any eye infection, or experience eye discomfort, excessive tearing, vision changes, redness narrow angle glaucoma or other eye problems. Consult the package insert for complete information. Complete information is also available from Johnson & Johnson Vision Care division of Johnson & Johnson Inc., or by calling 1-800-267-5098, or by visiting www.jnjvisionpro.ca.
©Johnson & Johnson Vision Care division of Johnson & Johnson Inc. 2022 PP2021AVT4014 v2.0